Welcome to Lafayette Meadows Health Clinic
The Elementary Nurse's office at a school plays a vital role in promoting the health and well-being of students. School nurses are licensed healthcare professionals who are specifically trained to address the unique health needs of children in an educational setting. Some things a school nurse is responsible for:
1. First Aid and Basic Medical Care
2. Medication Administration
3. Health Screenings
4. Chronic Health Condition Management
5. Emergency Response
6. Health Education
PARENTS PLEASE BE AWARE! IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION
INDIANA LAW REQUIRES THAT ALL STUDENTS IN GRADES 6-12 HAVE THE FOLLOWING IMMUNIZATIONS;
1. One meningococcal vaccine (MCV4)
2. One Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) booster after 10 years of age (Td/DT will not be accepted).
3. Two doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or a signed statement from the parent giving the month and year of disease.
When you bring in the updated record, it's important to remember that the record be signed by the nurse or doctor who gave the shots. The updated record must be on file with the school nurse by the first day of school. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from school until the needed vaccinations have been obtained.
If you have any further questions, please contact your healthcare professional.